Get the best jobs — Mining and Construction Tickets

Investing in your career with the right mining and construction tickets gives you the edge over the competition and gives you more opportunity across a wider range of roles.

Tickets and Licenses to get for mining and construction

What are the Best Mining and Construction Tickets to get?

Wherever you are in your career having the right mining and construction qualifications can give you the winning edge when it comes to finding your next role.

Although you may not like spending money on additional tickets and licenses, the reality is, no matter what career you choose, continual education is one of the sure-fire ways to earn more money. Having the right qualifications shows potential employers you are dedicated and motivated and you instantly have a leg up over your competition.

When you invest in your career, you will find that employers are more willing to invest in you.

Here are some handy tickets to have when you apply for a career in mining or construction:

Tickets for Drillers Offsiders

Drillers offsider tickets and licenses table

Tickets for Assembly Techs

Assembly Tech tickets

Tickets for HD Offsiders (Heavy Equipment TA)

HD Offsider Tickets

Tickets for Warehousing

Warehousing Tickets

Tickets for Manufacturing TAs

Manufacturing TA Tickets

Take your career to the next level with these tickets and licenses

The Heavy Rigid Licence allows you to drive a motor vehicle that has 3 or more axles and a gross vehicle mass greater than 8000 kgs. You can also tow a trailer with a maximum gross vehicle mass of 9000 kgs. Synchromesh (HR-B) – allows you to drive both automatic and manual vehicles in this licence class.

What’s in it for me?

The HR-B License gives you an advantage in the mining and construction industries. It can put you at the front of the line to be a Driller’s Offsider or get other surface drilling jobs as it will require you to transport materials to remote drilling locations. If you’re planning to apply as a Manufacturing Trade Assistant, an HR-B licence can boost your application because it allows you to drive trucks in and out of workshops and from site locations.

An LF licence allows you to operate any forklift truck, excluding a load-shifting order picking truck (or LO classified vehicle). This includes learning how to inspect the vehicle before use, understanding load limits and weight distribution, and mastering proper driving techniques. With the right training, you’ll be able to confidently operate a forklift in any work setting.

What’s in it for me?

With this licence, you’re certified to operate a forklift truck safely and effectively, boosting your employability and your hourly wage, as well as opening up a wealth of new job opportunities. This is a vital qualification for anyone working in industries that involve warehousing, logistics, construction, and more.

An LO licence is also commonly known as an ‘order picker licence’ or ‘stock picker licence’. This licence is different from a ‘regular’ forklift licence (LF licence) and is a separate certification. Getting this ticket will qualify you to operate a load-shifting order picker and a “turret truck” – which is also known as a VNA (Very Narrow Aisle) truck used in warehouse environments within high-level racking.

What’s in it for me?

If you are considering employment in the warehousing, retail, shipping or manufacturing industries, your next step should be getting yourself LO order picker ticket. Be eligible for a higher hourly rate when you have this highly specialised ticket in your arsenal.

This General Safety Induction Card, or White Card, is an entry-level ticket to work on construction sites in Australia. The training introduces future construction workers to the industry and covers safety, specialised safety gear (PPE), site expectations and general working conditions.

What’s in it for me?

This is an essential ticket required to work in the construction industry in Australia. Having a White Card means you will be employable for entry-level construction or general labouring roles.

The First Aid course is a crucial component of any safety training program. This course is designed to give you the essential knowledge and skills necessary to provide immediate and effective first aid response in a variety of situations including in mines, workshops and on construction sites that can present dangerous situations.

What’s in it for me?

Getting your First Aid ticket shows employers that you are committed to workplace safety and is perfect for anyone working in the mining, construction or manufacturing industry who wants to learn or improve their first aid skills. It’s not just about meeting workplace compliance, it’s about ensuring the safety and well-being of everyone on site.

An EWP ticket gives you the specialist skills needed to safely operate an elevated work platform in a range of trades including mining, construction, manufacturing, and more.

Some tasks on-site require you to access hard-to-reach areas in order to get the job done. This is where an Elevated Work Platform ticket comes in handy.

What’s in it for me?

Take your carer to new heights working on large machinery across
the workshop and on site. Getting your EWP is more than just a ticket to a new job, it’s an investment in your future. Equip yourself with the skills that industries demand and make yourself a valuable asset to any team.

As the name suggests, this ticket allows further freedom during at heights work operations through the use of fall restraints. If you plan to engage in work that requires you to work from a height, you are legally required to possess a Working at Heights ticket.

Navigating the vertical landscape of the mining and construction industries poses unique safety challenges. There are real risks associated with WAH – hence the qualification.

What’s in it for me?

If you plan to engage in work that requires you to work from a height, you are legally required to possess a Working at Heights ticket. Or if you are just looking for more challenging (and more lucrative) roles, a Working at Heights ticket will broaden your job prospects.

Confined spaces are defined as areas that are not intended to be entered by a person and therefore, carry a lot of health and safety risks. As such, if you want a role that involves having to enter and work in confined spaces (either enclosed or partially enclosed), you are legally required to possess a Confined Space ticket.

What’s in it for me?

High risk equals high reward. Because of the inherent danger associated with confined spaces, it comes with a comparable benefit. If you want to work on manufacturing big equipment like tanks or vats, or enter confined spaces across mine sites this ticket is a must.

Screening for the presence of Alcohol and other Drugs is becoming increasingly important in the workplace, as the impact of improper alcohol and other recreational drug use can present a serious risk to health, safety and workplace productivity.

What’s in it for me?

Don’t wait for the employer to ask, get your IDAS done ahead of time and be site ready, so you’re employable quicker.

Invest in your career with the right tickets

There are numerous tickets and licenses available for job seekers wanting to get into the mining, construction, or warehousing industries. The above-mentioned are some of the more commonly requested ones by employers and having these can leapfrog to the front of the line when it comes to new career opportunities.

For more information on what tickets might be right for you, feel free to contact an Aston Advantage recruitment specialist at 1300 544 926 or email

Mining Recruitment Agencies Perth